April 14, 2009

Bye-bye baby weight...

So, in case you're wondering, there is a reason why you rarely see pictures of me posted on the blog. They exist, I promise, but I've been struggling with my weight since Austin was born and have been extremely embarassed by the way I look. Austin will be 6 months old tomorrow and I've only lost 20 of the 38 pounds I gained while pregnant. I know what you're thinking, 18 pounds isn't THAT much...but a little goes a long way on someone who isn't even 5 foot tall!! I don't know why I've had such a hard time losing the extra weight, I thought breastfeeding would help, but I think the fact that my body was doing double duty actually made me hungrier and so the fact that I was eating more balanced out the calories burned by my breastfeeding.

Anyway, it's getting close to summer time which means wedding season and beach trips are looming in the distance and it's about time to quit worrying about my weight and actually do something! So...today I talked to a woman from Curves and I actually qualify for a month long study that they're doing right now that is free of long term commitment or contracts. In order to remain in the study I must go three times a week for a month and submit my results to their study at the end. At that time, I can decide if the program is for me, if it's working for my body and my schedule and whether or not I want to continue.

This really is a great option for me because I can go early in the morning before Austin wakes up or up until 6pm after Ryan gets home from work. It's also great because it's for a limited amount of time which will give me the chance to preview their program and decide if it's the right fit for me. I really hope that this will give me the push I need to get rid of these extra pounds and I actually can't wait to start working out tomorrow!!

Please pray for me y'all! Pray that I have the willpower to get started and keep going and pray that I can stick with it and get some of this weight off so I can be a healthier and happier wife and mommy!! I can't wait to keep you updated on my (hopeful) progress.

Maybe if I try hard enough I can look the way I did 10 years ago!! It's not unreasonable for me to wish to look the way I did in high school, is it? :)


(If any of you have experience with the Curves program, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Also, if
any of you out there have some good weight loss tips, I'd love to hear them as well.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! I am constantly dealing with my weight so I understand what you're going through. However, I've never had a baby!! :) Keep us posted!!!

scnana2 said...

Well Jennifer the only diet that works for Ramie and I is Weight Watchers...he has lost 34 pounds since his heart attack in Jan...he is doing so good, its a life style change for him if he wants to live that is what his heart doctor told him point blank and he made his mind up he wanted to live...he does cardio exercise 3 days a week...I have lost 30...I am a life time member of weight watchers, and its the only diet that has ever pulled the pounds off us...when I joined in 1981 I lost 43 pounds in 3 months and Raymond lost 72...yep we was alot younger and that sounds crazy to say but its the living truth,lose it while you are young..my mom use to tell me that and I thought oh yeah right, but she was so right....I have been off and on WW since 1981, I get really mad at myself every time I lose it and then put it back on, but this time I am going to stay on it for the rest of my life, it works for us...I can eat anything I want its the amount and it does make a difference...Good luck and keep an open mind, think about it this way you didn't gain it over night, so you can't lose it over night...it takes time and alot of praying and patience, if Ryan goes on a diet with you it will help you so much...it is a life style change for us...I can't help you with curves but if I can help you in any way with WW I would be glad too..you have past the first step, making up your mind to do something about your weight to be healthier...I will say a prayer for you...let me know how you liked Curves...Love and big big hugs, Nana

Ryan said...

How about pizza tonight?

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.