November 28, 2010

I'll be back.

Sorry I've been MIA here lately...gosh it's been busy...

We made an exhausting trip to the pediatrician's office on Monday for what I thought was a couple of ear infections, turns out both boys are just teething and we left with a clean bill of health, and from the looks of it, a couple of nasty cold germs.

Ryan's step-grandmother passed away Sunday night and we attended her funeral on Wednesday.

Thursday we went to Columbia for Thanksgiving .

Thursday night Austin woke up sick in the middle of the night for the first time in almost a year.

On Friday, Ryan and I did a little tag team Black Friday shopping (you can't take kids into that mess!) and then went to visit his step-brother and his two kids who were visiting from Florida.

By that afternoon Austin was already much better, so that night we went to see a movie for the first time in a really, really long time.

On Saturday, Aunt Ca Ca and Uncle Nick came up from Columbia to babysit the boys while Ryan and I went to the Clemson v. USC game.  We got a text around halftime that Owen was inconsolable and were headed home shortly thereafter.  We came home to a sick baby boy (thank you, doctor's office) who slept for no more than 30 minutes at a time the entire night.  Ryan took over around 8am Sunday and I managed to get in a short nap.

We wanted to spend Sunday putting up our Christmas decorations, but instead spent it in our pjs feeling exhausted and trying to entertain a rambunctious 2 year old while taking care of a sick little one.  And by the way tonight has gone so far, looks like tomorrow is going to be more of the same, minus the nap, since Ryan will be at work.

Whew....

So, once these nasty germies have quit torturing us and things calm down, I promise to post lots of updates and pictures from the past few days.  Right now, however, I'm going to see if I can get in a 15 minute nap before I'm up consoling my sick little Owie.

But before I go, I will post a super cute picture of my *almost* 7 month old (before the attack of the yucky germies) for your viewing pleasure.


Be back soon!  (I hope.)

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.