September 30, 2011

Football is Back!

So here we are, almost 5 games into the season already and I have yet to put one thing about Clemson football on the blog!!  Man, I really am getting slack here lately...

Well, of the first 4 home games, we have been lucky enough to be able to attend 3 of those.  We were excited about the Troy game and kicking off the first game of the season and didn't think twice about going to the game and bringing both boys along with us.  All I can say about that is, EPIC DISASTER!  Three hours in the car with barely any napping, followed by 2 hours hanging out in the West End Zone and finally a 3:30 game is just a recipe for disaster when you've got 2 kids 2 and under.  We left at halftime after watching probably less than 10 minutes of actual football and drove straight back to NC.  Austin and Owen were both asleep before we got out of the parking lot!  We vowed right there that we would never take them both to a game again this season.  Yes, it was that bad.  I didn't even get a picture of the game...or of the 5 minutes the boys were still enough to watch the game.  I'm very sad I won't have a single picture of all 4 of us at a Clemson football game this year....but on that day my sanity was far more important than any picture!  I did manage to get a few shots of the boys hanging out in the WEZ before the crowds started to arrive...but the after shots are my favorite.  It's amazing how sweet and angelic they looked sleeping away in the car after acting like little devils just a few minutes prior!!







As for the Auburn and Florida State games, we had no issues whatsoever about pawning those precious little boys off on their grandparents for a day.  Before the Auburn game we spent the night in Seneca with friends Ben and Tonya and visited and let the kids play that evening and then dropped the boys off with Am Ma before the game the next day.  For the Florida State game, Mimi and Papa came up to NC and stayed with the boys all day.  I can't thank them enough!  It was pretty awesome to attend and actually get to watch two of the most exciting home games in recent Clemson history.  Not only did I get tons of pictures from the actual games...but look at this:



...pictures of Ryan and I...together!  Quite the rarity these days!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.