April 15, 2011

2.5


Austin is officially 2.5 today!  I pretty much quit doing monthly posts about him when he turned 2 because it got to be too much to keep up with.  He literally does and/or says something new every.single.day.  He is learning at lightspeed and talking non-stop....and I mean seriously non-stop....like, I have to turn up the radio in the car sometimes to try and tune him out just so I can concentrate on what I'm doing and where I'm going.  Every minute of every day is an adventure with him and it's pretty awesome.

I say this all the time, I know, but THIS is my favorite age.  Don't get me wrong, I love my boys at ANY age, but to be honest, if I could skip the whole 9 months of pregnancy thing, go straight into the delivery room and give birth to a baby, have a newborn for about 3 months and then fast forward to age 2.5....well, you could call me the next Michelle Duggar!  However, considering I hate being pregnant and am doing everything in my power to remain sane right now while trying to raise a 2.5 year old and an almost 1 year old together in harmony...there will likely not even be a baby Harris #3.  Mom...JoAnn, I love you both dearly, but my sanity is much more important right now than attempting to give you a granddaughter!  Try me again in 5 years...

But anyway, let's talk about my favorite 2.5 year old and what he's been up to lately.  Here are 30 interesting facts about my 30 month old!!

-His favorite food is oatmeal and he'd eat it for every meal if I let him.

-He can count to 30...and probably higher, but he loses interest around 30 and usually just stops there.

-Loves to sing!  A few of his favorites are Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Itsy Bitsy Spider, the ABC song, and Wheels on the Bus.  I am not allowed to sing with him though because he wants to make sure he can hear himself.

-Says his first name is Austin and his last name is Austin Harris

-Every time we get in the car he says we are going to one of the following: Charlotte, the car wash, CVS, to get his hair cut, Monkey Joes, the playground, to watch planes fly, Little Gym, or to Target to get popcorn.

-Loves to write the letter 'A' and says "up, down, cross" when he's writing it.

-His favorite activity is to take all the cushions off the couch and drive his cars on the base

-Talks to random people all the time whenever we're out.  He definitely didn't get that outgoing personality from his super-shy mom...

-Will repeat a sentence over and over and over until you acknowledge what he's saying

-If you sound out a word he can tell you what letter it starts with

-Still can't go an entire day without a nap

-Thinks he's being hilarious when he gives blatantly wrong answers to questions I ask. Such a little joker!

-Will stop whatever he's doing and come give me a hug if I say that I'm scared.

-Loves to watch the garbage truck come by every Tuesday morning

-Speaking of garbage, his favorite book is "I Stink!"

-Still talks about monster trucks on a daily basis

-Loves anything with an engine...cars, trucks, trains, planes, school buses, dump trucks, bulldozers...I could go on and on...

-Can't go to the mall without riding the escalator a few dozen times...

-Hates it when he gets his clothes wet or his hands dirty

-Uses the potty by himself when were at home (more to come on this later)

-Will say just about anything to delay bedtime.  Most commonly used are "One more book" "I'm hungry, I need snack"  "I need to go pee pee in the potty" and "I need to throw up."

-Most of the time he just calls me Mom

-Has a love/hate relationship with his little brother now that his little brother is old enough to follow him around and take his things

-Can do a perfect somersault

-Will drink just about anything as long as he can use a straw

-Knows left from right and has an amazing sense of direction

-Says "thank you" without being asked

-He's the star student in his Little Gym class and yes, it makes me very proud!

-Asks me all the time to take pictures of him doing random things or making silly faces and then wants to see the picture I took immediately after.

-He constantly amazes me with his random knowledge.  For instance, yesterday evening after leaving the grocery store he looked up and saw the moon even though it was only 6pm.  He said, "Look Mom, I see the moon, that means it's going to get dark soon."  Last weekend when we sat down to eat at a restaurant he looked at the yellow mustard and red ketchup bottles on the table and said, "Red and yellow make orange!"


No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.