May 7, 2008

5/7 Dr. Appointment

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 15 week checkup and everything looks good! Baby Harris's heart is beating at 150bpm which is good and normal. Baby's growing and my tummy is quickly expanding but I've only gained 3 lbs. so far (which I'm very pleased about!). My blood pressure is still good and it's staying consistently in the normal range. Hopefully everything will stay normal throughout the next 25 weeks as well!

Nothing really big to report right now. I'm still pretty congested and my allergies are taking their toll, but the doctor said Benadryl and Claritin are ok for me to take to control symptoms. I also bought a humidifier to try and naturally remedy my symptoms so I'm not consistently popping meds. I know they're supposed to be safe, but pregnant or not, it can't be good for anyone to be taking medicine constantly.

Sleeping is still a big of a chore. I was having a hard time getting comfortable because sleeping on your back is not recommended in the 2nd trimester and that was my most comfortable position. Sleeping on my stomach always made me feel like I had to pee and with all my congestion I was having a hard time breathing that way. Your left side is the optimal side to sleep on when pregnant but I could never fall asleep in that position. We did some research and Ryan ended up buying me a "pregnancy pillow" to help me get some rest. It's a J shaped pillow that kind of hugs your body and helps keep you on your side and stay comfortable. It really has helped me feel more comfortable and sleep better, but unfortunately it doesn't prevent me from waking up at 2, 4, and 6am to use the bathroom!

Here's a picture of my new pillow!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.