May 7, 2008

Future Appointment Updates

After my checkup yesterday, they scheduled 2 more upcoming appointments. The first is scheduled for May 29th and that's when I'll get my 18 week AFP blood test to check for more genetic defects. Here's a quick blurb on this test:

"The alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) test is available to women between their 15th and 20th week of pregnancy to screen for fetal abnormalities. This simple blood test measures the level of a protein called alpha-fetoprotein which is secreted by the liver of the fetus and enters the mother's blood stream. Elevated levels of AFP may indicate an increased risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida or anencephaly, while low levels suggest Down Syndrome or other chromosomal defects. "

The 2nd appointment we scheduled was for a 20 week anatomy ultrasound which is going to be on June 11th. I am particularly excited about this one since we'll finally know if baby Harris is a boy or a girl!! I just hope I can make it another 5 weeks without going crazy wanting to know! :)

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.