July 9, 2008

Appointment Update - 7/9

I just got back from my 24 week appointment and nothing really new or exciting to report! I've gained 15 lbs. so far and should expect to gain about a pound a week from here on out. If I can keep to this, I will end up gaining about 30 lbs. during the whole pregnancy which is exactly what I've been aiming for!

My blood pressure is still normal and Dr. Keith said my numbers look great and she's very happy with my progress so far. Baby's heartbeat was 135-140 bpm and my belly measured 26 centimeters. I'm measuring a little big right now, but she said 1-2 centimeters off is normal. If my belly starts to get 3-4 centimeters off or more, that means baby is growing fast and getting big and we may have to look into adjusting my due date. Hopefully, though, I'll stay in the normal range since right now baby is due on a Clemson off weekend!! :)

Finally, Dr. Keith gave me a glucose solution drink to take home and I have to drink it 1 hour before my next appointment in 2 weeks. I'll then have my blood drawn and it will be tested to see if I've developed Gestational Diabetes or Anemia. She suspects everything is fine, but they run these tests for every pregnancy just to make sure.

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.