December 6, 2011

30

On 12/2/11, I officially turned 30.  I'll admit, I didn't wake up in the best of moods.  Turning 30 hit me harder than I thought it would.  I remember just 5 short years ago, meeting several law school classmates of Ryan's who were in their 30's and thinking, "wow, they're so old!"  I never imagined I, myself, would turn 30 so quickly...

Luckily, I am quite blessed to have wonderful friends and family who were able to make turning 30 a little less of a blow.  My amazing mother-in-law, came up to watch the boys the afternoon of my birthday and Ryan whisked me off on a surprise trip to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore House.  Biltmore is a very special place for me and Ryan because in our first year of dating we bought season passes and spent countless weekends there exploring and just being two crazy kids in love!  We hadn't been back since, so it was a perfect birthday getaway.







Ryan had a wonderful and romantic trip planned.  We got to the Biltmore House that evening and toured the winery until our dinner reservations.  We had a delicious dinner at the Deerpark Inn and ended our night with a candlelight Christmas tour of the house.  The next morning we went back to Biltmore and just wondered around the grounds and took in the beautiful scenery.  After lunch we drove back to Charlotte, checked in with AmMa and the boys and then headed uptown to watch our Tigers play in the ACC championship game.  The game was amazing, the atmosphere was electric and the Tigers pulled out a convincing win!  And wouldn't you know it...Clemson wins their 1st ACC title in...30 years!


We came back home, both excited and exhausted.  I had already forgotten how sad I was about being 30.  I think I can make it through 30 ok...just don't talk to me about 31!!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.