January 3, 2014

Hearts, rainbows and tiger paws!

Austin and Owen are not the sleeping-in type.  I usually open my eyes around 7 am to see one of their cute wide-eyed faces staring right back at me hollering "good morning mommy, get up."  They don't even have to walk very far to wake me up seeing as how at least half the time one of them sneaks into my bed in the wee hours of the morning, flails their arms and legs about and then settles in so close to me that it pushes me to the very outer edge of my king sized bed.  (I complain about it a lot, but secretly I kind of love it.)

However, I AM the sleeping in type, considering my bedtime is usually around 1-2 am, I find it almost impossible to get my legs working before 7:45.  Austin, being the mature 5 year old that he is, understands this and will entertain himself for a half hour or so in the mornings by either turning on the tv, coloring or stealing my phone to play games.  Owen will often stay in bed and cuddle with me until it's time to get up, or on some mornings he'll go find his brother to play.  Some of their best brotherly bonding moments seem to happen before 8 am.  

This morning Austin woke me up before 7 am and I groggily told him to hop in my bed and that we'd get up when the sun came up.  He declined (he's never been one for cuddling) and said he was going to go color.  I never heard Owen get up but they both came into my room around 7:30 am with a mountain of pictures they'd drawn for their favorite football player, Clemson's quarterback, #10, Tajh Boyd.  

Tonight is the Orange Bowl and Tajh's last game of his college career so they thoughtfully drew him pictures to say "thanks" and "we'll miss you..."

...on the cardboard cake plates I bought for making baby shower diaper cakes.


Hearts, rainbows and tiger paws!
(Owen did the two on the right, he's still not big on coloring yet.)

Christmas morning this year, Santa brought them matching #10 jerseys.  
They've hardly taken them off since!

Go Tigers!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.