June 20, 2008

Appointment Update - June 19th

I had another OB appt. yesterday afternoon and everything went well! My blood pressure is back to normal, so no cause for concerns there. I've gained 13 lbs. so far in the pregnancy which was a little shocking to me, but the Dr. said I'm still doing good. Apparently baby has been almost doubling in size every week, but his growth is finally starting to slow down now. Hopefully so will my weight gain!

The Dr. looked at all the ultrasound pictures from last week and said that everything looks wonderful! It's always such a relief to hear things like that. We listened to baby's heartbeat and Dr. Keith commented on how active he was in there! I told her he hardly ever stops moving and some of his little kicks and punches are getting borderline uncomfortable (especially when he kicks my bladder!). His heart is beating strong at about 145 bpm, which has been pretty consistent over the past several weeks. Finally, the Dr. measured the size of my baby bump with a tape measure. She measures in centimeters and the size of your belly in cent. should coincide with how many weeks you are along in the pregnancy. I measured 21.5 centimeters and I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday, so everything checked out!

My next appointment is scheduled for July 10th, and at this appointment they're going to do a routine check for anemia and gestational diabetes. I'm a little nervous about these results even though I know I shouldn't be. Ryan calls me a hypochondriac and I guess to an extent I can be sometimes. I'll just be glad to know for sure in a few weeks!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.