April 6, 2009

1st night away

This weekend, after much deliberation, I finally decided (on Friday) to drive down to Charleston the next day to celebrate Melanie's upcoming wedding and take part in her bachleorette party. They had been trying to convince me to go for weeks but I just couldn't commit until the last possible minute because I didn't know how I'd feel about leaving Austin over night for the first time. I finally realized that it would be good for me and Ryan because I would get some much needed adult time and he would get to spend some quality alone time with his son. I left early Saturday afternoon and was actually gone less than 24 hours because I woke up early on Sunday and was ready to drive back to see my guys. I enjoyed hanging out with my girlfriends and it was great catching up, but I couldn't help but think about my little buddy and wonder what him and daddy were doing the whole time. I was pleasantly surprised to return on Sunday to a happy, clean, dressed & well fed baby along with a proud and happy (to see me) husband. I'm so thankful to have such a great husband who encourages me, helps me and takes such good care of his little nugget! :)

*Trying to pack Austin in my suitcase to take with me!


*Me and Aaron (and the Bride-to-be in the background) enjoying a margarita at dinner.

*What Austin and I did when I got home!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.