August 15, 2011

End of Summer Gifts

I decided to try and be crafty by making thank you gifts for Austin's preschool teachers this year.  I love DIY projects and fun craft ideas...I just usually don't have the skill or patience or proper supplies to see them through.  I did want to do my best to impress his teachers though since I strongly believe that a good teacher/parent relationship can really help out a child while they are in school.  Maybe if I really try to hone my skills in these early years, by the time the boys are in elementary school I will be a pro!  I guess if it doesn't work out, however, I can always go to etsy.com and buy something and pass it off as homemade!

Anyway, so I found this idea on www.pinterest.com.  (Oh, you haven't heard about pinterest?  Seriously, you need to check it out ASAP!)  The basic idea was to purchase a reusable cup, put some flavor packets and a note from the child inside and add crafty straw topper to finish it off.  It looked relatively easy so I figured I could pull it off.

Here is the finished project!  (Excuse the horrible picture, I didn't think about taking a picture until after dark the night before his last day of school so the lighting is, of course, horrible.)


The cups, flavor packets and gift bags only cost about $22 from Target which came out to $11 per gift.  It really was a fun, quick, easy and relatively inexpensive way to say thanks to Austin's teachers for all their hard work over the summer!  I can't wait to start filling my pinterest boards with lots more great crafty teacher ideas to use in the future!!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.