September 6, 2011

Back to School

Austin had his first day at his new preschool today!  He'll be going from 9-1 two days a week at a local church that I fell in love with over the summer.  He's in the 2 year old class since he just misses the cutoff date to advance into 3's, but from what I've been told, it's a good thing he's always going to be older because boys typically mature at a slower rate.  I just hope he's challenged enough and doesn't realize he's the big kid in class and bully all the younger kids like he does his little brother sometimes!!

Austin couldn't wait to go back to school this morning and I had virtually no trouble getting him ready to go as long as I phrased every request with, "If you ________, we can go to school today!"  He was so excited I could barely get a picture of him before he went running out the door.  At school, he immediately walked into his classroom, found his name on his cubby and then found the exact same truck he played with at open house last week.  I lingered for a few minutes just watching him and he paid me absolutely no attention whatsoever.  I told him bye and got no response back but when I told him to tell Owen bye-bye, we got a partial look and a quiet "...bye, Owen."  I just hope he's always this happy and excited to be at school!!





No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.