February 18, 2008

Ski Trip


We got back today from Mars Hill, NC where we had our 2nd annual ski trip with some of Ryan's chemical engineering friends from Clemson and their wives. There were 5 married couples total and we shared a great little cabin only about 5 minutes away from Wolf Ridge Ski Resort. Ryan and I had talked about keeping the baby news quiet during the trip and since I'm not a great skier anyway, we didn't think anyone would suspect anything if I stayed away from the slopes this weekend since skiing if very dangerous for pregnant women. Ben, Ryan's best man, and his wife Tonya are pregnant and due at the end of April. They were coming on the trip as well so we couldn't help but spill the news to them after the basketball game on the 14th. Tonya and I had planned to talk "baby talk" all weekend while the rest of the group was out skiing.

We arrived at the mountain house around 7pm on the 15th and it wasn't 20 minutes after we got there that 2 other couples showed up and the announcement was made that Kerri & Stephen were expecting as well! I couldn't control myself at that point and told Kerri that I too had just found out I was pregnant. Of course that didn't stay quiet for long and before the night was over everyone knew our great news as well!! I pretty much knew I couldn't keep it a secret all weekend and was glad to share my excitement with 3 other expecting couples and close friends. The 3 'preggars' talked about pregnancy so much over the weekend that I think the rest of the couples will have some news of their own by the next trip! :)

(FYI- The pictures posted are from another Feb. ski trip to Showshoe, WV)

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.