April 8, 2008

Just back from my OB exam...

and everything looks great! Dr. Keith went over my blood test results and everyting is good. My thyroid is fine, my blood sugar is great, I don't have any known diseases or STD's, I'm negative for the Cystic Fibrosis gene, I don't have toxoplasmosis and I'm immune to Rubella! In other news I've gained 1 lb. during this 1st trimester which is good and completely normal and my blood pressure is still perfect. My heart and lungs sounded good and the baby's heart sounded even better at 160 bpm!! Dr. Keith was even surprised we could hear it this early using the doppler, but she found it quickly and it sounded like baby H was chugging along in there like a little choo choo train!

It's still early, but I talked to Dr. Keith about some birth options and she said that for a short person I have a normal sized pelvic region and shouldn't have any trouble with a natural delivery. She said that c-section deliveries only happen about 30% of the time and she always tries for a natural delivery if circumstances are favorable and mom is on board. I've recently become somewhat anti-ceserean after reading a bunch of articles and watching 1 too many episodes of A Baby Story, so I'm very pleased that Dr. Keith and I are on the same page with regards to delivery. She even said that once I reach 39 weeks and a couple days, we can talk about inducing if that's what I want (and circumstances permit). She said she likes to induce during her on-call days every now and then to make sure she's the one there to deliver her patient's baby. Of course we'll let things play out and go with the flow, but it's always good to know that my Dr. and I both see things in a similar fashion!

1 comment:

Farrah said...

you know i heard one time a while back that anything over 150 for the heart rate is a girl!! But you know how those old wives tells are!:~)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.