April 28, 2008

Welcome 2nd Trimester!!

Sunday was the official beginning of my 2nd trimester, which means I'm 1/3 of the way there!! The 2nd trimester is supposed to be marked with an end to nausea, exhaustion, and other unpleasant pregnancy symptoms as your body has finally adjusted to the surge in hormones. Unfortunately, I greeted my 2nd trimester with a terrible cold and allergies that have made me feel pretty miserable. I feel ok during the day but nights are a different story. I read that colds and allergies tend to be amplified and last longer during pregnancy, but hopefully I'll be feeling better by the weekend.

Besides the cold, I've been feeling pretty good! I can tell that some of my energy is back, but I still try to lie down in the afternoons for an hour or 2 and just rest. Insomnia comes and goes but my Dr. said I can take half a Unisom if it gets really bad. I haven't been feeling very nauseous since about the 7th or 8th week, but I still don't have much of an appetite. However, I have gained 2 lbs. so far and have a feeling they're about to start packing on in the coming weeks...hopefully just in the tummy area! :)

I can't think of anything else at the moment! My next appointment is next Tuesday and I hope to schedule the big ultrasound at that time. We hope to find out the baby's gender by the end of May!!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.