December 16, 2010

This Time of Year

How can you not just LOVE this time of year?

Everywhere I look in my house right now I see tradition, memories, fun, family, excitement and joy.

This is just a tiny peek of what I get to look at and enjoy all day during the month of December (and probably a few weeks in to January as well).    I'm no interior decorator and I'm certainly no Crafty Cathy, but I know where each of these decorations came from and so many of them have special meaning and significance.  It just gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling, ya know?


Can you find the Elf on the Shelf?
So Santa doesn't forget the animals!
A lovely Christmas present from my Aunt last year.  I was so excited to put it on display this Christmas!
Every ornament on this tree was a gift, a souvenir, handmade or bought to represent a major milestone in our lives.  Each one is unique and special.  No "fluff" here!
I bought this tree for our first Christmas because it reminded me of home and seeing the same tree in my house growing up each year.
Remember this post?


"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..."
Oh my gosh how I loved those chocolate advent calendars when I was a kid!  I'm pretty sure I opened a couple doors days ahead of schedule just to get the chocolate inside.  With these advent houses, not only are they fun and cute, but the chocolate is replaceable!
Is there anything sweeter than a tiny little baby handprint?  This is Owen's mold which I did yesterday...
...and here is Austin's from his 1st Christmas.  Two of my most prized Christmas treasures for sure!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.