August 3, 2008

2/3 of the way there!

Today marks the first day of my 3rd and final trimester! Only about 12 weeks to go now. It feels like time is just floating by and I find it hard to believe I've been pregnant for 7 months already! I think I've been pretty lucky with this pregnancy so far and just hope and pray that these last few weeks go by just as smoothly as the first 27! Of course, the bigger I get the more uncomfortable I am, but it's a very small price to pay and I have a feeling that as soon as I get to hold the little guy in my arms I will forget all about the discomfort and pain. Just as long as baby is OK, I can tough it out! :)

A very comforting fact is that baby could be born anytime between now and my due date and he would more than likely be ok. He should weigh about 2.5 lbs. now and all major organs should be developed and able to function outside of the womb. Of course his lungs are still premature and he might need some help breathing at first, but neonatal care is so advanced nowadays that hospitals have incubators and other resources to help sustain a premature baby almost as well as mother's womb.

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.