September 3, 2009

Hands off!


Something that's irritated me since having Austin is the fact that complete strangers always want to touch him or hold him when we're out. Do any of you other mommies have this problem? I know his chubby cheeks and darling little tootsies are just irresistible, but seriously people, if I don't know you, hands off the baby!!

Just yesterday Austin and I were grocery shopping when this man started following us down the aisles and making faces and talking baby talk to my little boy. He finally caught up to us when I had to pause my speed-shopping for a sec to pick up some pasta and immediately starting tickling Austin's feet! I mean, I don't want to be completely rude and tell him to keep his filthy paws off my son, but I surely felt the urge to. What's worse is that as I was trying to politely maneuver away, he just kept following us...that is until Austin seemed to pick up on mommy's irritation (and was getting irritated himself at this overly-friendly stranger) and started wailing. That seemed to scare him off but as he was leaving he muttered something to the tune of "someone must be tired" and all I wanted to say was "well if you had some creepy old dude all up in your face and grabbing your feet, how would that make you feel?!"

Seriously, I don't even walk up and pet someones dog without asking permission first, so what makes a total stranger think they can walk up and touch someone elses baby like they're at a petting zoo or something?! Uhhh... at least the entire time I was pregnant not a single stranger even attempted to touch my belly. If only people would use the same common courtesy to the child after it's born!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Oh, I completely agree with you! I will hover over Tyler to try and prevent strangers from touching him. Many times I'll tell the stranger that Tyler is afraid of them as they are approaching. I think people have good intentions and are only trying to be nice, but I wish they would just talk to the babies and not touch!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.