October 20, 2011

1st Soccer Scrimmage

This was one of those times I realllly wish I had my video camera!  Austin's soccer team had their first scrimmage a couple weeks ago and it was pretty stinkin' hilarious.  Now, let me preface by saying that Austin is the youngest on his team by at least a year.  It's a 3 and 4 year old soccer league and the cut off was his exact birthday but I decided to take a chance and see how he'd do.  For the purpose of actually learning and understanding the game, we probably should have waited another year, but for pure fun and entertainment value, I'm glad we did it.

As for the scrimmage...only about 4 out of the 10 kids actually knew what they were supposed to be doing and Austin was quite obviously not one of those 4.  In fact, he believed he was playing a different sport all together...that sport being tackle football.  Picture a bunch of kids running after a ball and trying to kick it in all different directions.  One of those kids is bound to get knocked down at some point, and seeing how Austin is the youngest and smallest, he was the first man down.  Did he get upset, sad or discouraged?  No!  He thought it was hilarious and then took it upon himself to tackle anyone else who got in his way to the ground.  The other parents probably thought he was just extremely clumsy...running into kids and then falling to the ground, but I knew exactly what he was doing and it was the most fun I've seen him have playing soccer since we started!

(Please excuse the picture quality.  It was extremely bright and sunny and I only had my point and shoot.)

 Cheesin'
 Dribbling drills
 Going in for the steal!
 And down he goes...
 ...and again...
...and again!
Caught red handed!  Here he is in the process of "accidentally" falling forward.

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.