March 13, 2009

Squeals & Screams!

Austin has discovered his voice...and how much he likes to hear it! Everyday he is learning to make new sounds and I can't help but smile at the adorable noises. He's been "talking" for awhile now, but just this week he has started to squeal and make lots of high pitched sounds. It seems he's testing his range and loves to hear all the new noises he can make.

He has also learned to scream which seems to be his way of telling us he's tired or bored. Last night we went to one of our favorite places for dinner, Doc Chey's, and it was getting close to Austin's bedtime while we were there. Not 5 minutes after we sat down, he let his lungs go and just started screaming! It was cute to me and Ryan, and some people at the restaurant thought it was cute too, but we were worried he might be disturbing some others. I quickly put my finger to my lips and said "Shhhhhhhh!" and then realized that he's only 5 months old and has no idea what that means!

Ryan and I passed him back and forth trying our best to get him to quiet down, but he just kept getting louder and louder! Finally, I just laid him down in his carrier and pulled the sunshade forward to make it dark. To our surprise, he was out like a light in about a minute! Ahhh, quiet, finally!

Ryan and I finished enjoying our meal and got our sleepy little boy in bed as soon as we got home. I think we've learned not to take him out with us when it's getting close to bedtime from now on or everyone around us is going to get a show!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.