March 22, 2009

Super Saturday!

Yesterday we packed up and headed down to Columbia to visit my parents and take my mom out for her birthday lunch. We all met at Miyo's for a yummy meal and Ryan and I realized how much we miss that place now that we're up in Greenville (P.F. Changs is a reasonable replacement though). After lunch, we headed to the Tot Trade at Jamil Temple and tried to find some great deals on some consignment baby clothes.

**Baby lesson #458: There is pretty much no need to buy that many baby clothes for retail in the first year of life. They outgrow them SO fast and it's like throwing money down the drain! We already have 2 trashbags FULL of Austin's clothes that he can't wear anymore and many of them still have tags or were only worn one time!

After Tot Trade we made a stop at Aunt Catherine's house to see how the remodeling was going and then headed back to my parents house to hang out until it was time to head back to the upstate and get the little man in his crib for bedtime. (Forgive the lack of pictures, I completely forgot I even had my camera until my mom told me that Austin and daddy cuddling would make a great photo!) Austin dozed off in no time once we made it home and Ryan started our family game night!


We can't wait until Austin is old enough to enjoy game nights with us since it's one of the many things we really enjoy doing together. Ryan and I played a game of Sorry and then Scrabble, both of which he won. However, he only beat me in Scrabble by 1 point!! We ended up taking a picture of our Scrabble board because one of the last words I was able to put together was very meaningful to us. Amazingly, I was able to put down the word 'nugget', which has always been Ryan's nickname for Austin! He added the 's' to make it nuggets, but to my knowledge, there is only 1 nugget for the time being and it will probably be that way for a few years! :)

1 comment:

Alicia W. said...

FUN! I went to the tot trade as well and RACKED UP on both kids summer clothes. They come twice a year and both are marked on the calendar. Such great deals. Glad you had a great weekend in my hometown. :o)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.