November 8, 2009

Tigers beat FSU!!


Yesterday was such a fantastic day for Tiger Nation as well as the Harris family! Austin got to spend the evening with his grandma while Ryan and I headed to one of the the most beautiful places on Earth to witness one of the best games in recent Clemson history. The entire campus was buzzing with excitement after a beautiful and rain-free day of tailgating, and the game was no less exciting!

We enjoyed spending a few hours just chatting with some great friends and while we were so ready to watch our Tigers play, we almost hated leaving such great company. So much, in fact, that we almost missed kickoff! We did, however, make it just in time to see Dabo and Lucas Glover lead the team down the hill to the sounds of 80,000 screaming fans.



The first three quarters were touch and go, but the 4th was completely dominated by the Tigers, which had the entire stadium rocking! The atmosphere was electrifying and the crowd was going crazy! They played "We Will Rock You" after Clemson went up 33-24 and the whole stadium was singing along, it was amazing and had the fans as well as the players so hyped up. Oh, and how about that C.J. Spiller!!!! Spiller for Heisman!


Clemson beat the Seminoles with a final score of 40-24 and everyone rushed the field to cheer and congratulate the team. It reminded me of the 2001 season when we beat FSU for the first time in Death Valley, that's a game I'll never forget and I'll probably remember this one for a long time too!

Ryan and I got home around 1am and while I passed out on the couch almost immediately, Ryan continued to watch the game all over again on DVR. He was so excited he could hardly sleep! Now we just need to beat NC State and Virginia for a chance at the ACC championship. All I can say is GO TIGERS!!!

(FYI-very unlike me, I completely forgot to bring my camera to the game, so photos are courtesy of CUTigers.com)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Those are GREAT pics! I was starting to wonder how y'all got all those! Regardless, they look great on your blog! I like the new layout too!

That's too funny about Austin & "wheel" too. I think all the smarties like it!! ;-)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.