January 26, 2011

10 Things I'm Loving!

I thought this would be a fun way to share some of the things I'm really loving right now.  Yes, most of them are children's items, but when you've got two kids, I'm pretty sure 75% of what you buy is for them anyways.     I did manage to squeeze a few non-baby related items in.  So, here are my top 10 products as of January 2011!!


1.  Nosfrida - It looks gross, but it works, it really really works!  Say goodbye to your big green bulb sucker, this is the perfect tool during cold and flu season if you have small children!


2.  Let's Hear It for Laurie Berkner Band DVD - It's great, healthy entertainment and TV you will feel good about.  The songs are catchy and fun and the scenery is full of bright colors and children dancing and having a good time.  Both Austin and Owen love this DVD and I don't feel bad letting it "babysit" while I get a few chores done because it's educational and lets them get up and dance and be active.  Austin's favorites are "My Energy" and "I'm a Mess."  I even catch myself singing the songs all day as well!




3.  Plum Organics Baby Food w/ Boon Spoon - Whoever thought of these pouch baby foods was pretty smart in my opinion, and when Plum and Boon got together and made the attachable Boon Spoon....genius!!  When we travel I just throw a couple pouches of food in the diaper bag and I always keep a pack of the spoon attachments handy as well.  It's less mess, portable, so easy and healthy!  Since the amount you need squirts directly onto the spoon, there is no contamination so you can save anything that's leftover without worrying.  Owen loves the Plum Organics baby food and I love that it's organic and the great flavor combinations.  Owen would not touch regular pureed peas, but Plum makes a combination pack which is peas, spinach and pears and he loves it!  Another favorite combination is corn, sweet potatoes and apples.  They even make something called Mish Mash for toddlers.  Austin loves his banana and strawberry "sauce" and it's a quick, easy, healthy, mess-free snack!!


4.  Old MacDonald Hand Puppet - My sister bought this for Austin awhile back and I just recently pulled it back out for Owen to enjoy.  I put the puppet on my hand and sing the song and wiggle the animals and both boys sit there and smile and laugh and Austin sings along and makes the animal noises with me.  It's the perfect way to entertain and engage both boys at the same time.


5.  Melissa & Doug Band in a Box - Or as Austin calls it, his "marching band."  Mimi and Papa gave this to the boys for Christmas and it's been an absolute favorite.  We all grab different instruments and play along.  Owen is able to crash the little cymbals together and shake the maracas and Austin loves the tambourine.  It's another one of those toys you feel good about because it's educational and fun...noisy....but fun.

6.  Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Camera Lens - I got this for my birthday from my mother-in-law and I LOVE IT!  It has completely replaced the kit lens that I was using and I don't ever want to go back.  The pictures are sharper, the backgrounds blurrier and it takes great photos in low light situations without the flash.  It took me a little while to get used to the fact that it doesn't zoom, but I highly recommend it to any Canon Rebel user!
7.  Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow - This is the quickest and easiest eyeshadow that I've found (and you need quick and easy when you have two kids) and it looks fantastic!  A few dabs on your lids, blend with finger and you're ready!  I have it in the Truffle color which is a light greyish/brown and it's my new daily go-to shadow.
8.  Buxom Lash - Ok, I admit it, I'm a bit of a make-up snob.  Once I discovered Sephora about 10 years ago on my first trip to NYC, there was no turning back!  This one has been in my repertoire for awhile now and it's still the best mascara I've ever found.  It's not too thick, it's not clumpy, it's not too wet or runny, and it separates each lash beautifully!

9.  Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack - With Austin we had the First Years drying rack and it worked fine, but I hated the way it looked sitting on top of my kitchen counter.  Well, that one finally bit the dust and when I started Owen on bottles I needed to look for a new one.  I was so excited with I found the Boon drying rack, it was a perfect fit!  It's low profile and modern looking but also does a great job holding all the bottles and various parts that go with them.  Oh, amd it looks like grass....how fun is that?!













10.  Amazon.com - Ok, I know this isn't an actual product, but it's where several of the above items came from so I had to give it a mention.  I can not count the ways that I love this site and with the addition of  the Amazon Mom program...I may never buy diapers in a store ever again!!  Sign up for Amazon Mom and use Subscribe & Save and you can get 30% off your diaper order.  All our diapers and wipes are delivered to our door each month and if I ever need to change a size or type or delay or even discontinue a shipment, it's as easy as a few quick clicks!  What's better is that every time you buy diapers (and other qualifying baby items) as an Amazon Mom customer, you get an extra month of free 2-day shipping!  I think I've already built up a years worth.  But seriously, Amazon has almost anything you could ever want and often at better prices than you can find anywhere else!  So check it out, if you already haven't, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.