January 10, 2011

Whoa Snow!


Your eyes aren't foolin' ya.
That right there is a picture of a ruler stuck in the middle of our yard this morning measuring the almost 8 inches of snow that fell overnight.  Did I mention this is South Carolina?!

I had been hearing about this snow storm for days, but a forecast of snow in these parts is iffy at best.  So, last night I made myself stay up until I saw the first snowflake fall.  I went to bed at 1:30am and at that time a few flakes were lightly making their way to the ground.  I didn't know what to expect when I woke up this morning, but it certainly wasn't that!  What a fun surprise!!

Austin woke up and stood at the doors and windows all morning admiring the snow and begging to go outside.  The only way to keep him from busting out the door was to pop in a few of his favorite DVDs.  Ryan was working from home, but hard at work nonetheless, so I had to wait for Owen to nap before taking Austin out to play.

Finally, after two of the longest hours in his entire 2 year old life, it was time...





And what's the first thing he does?

Gets mad that he has to wear his mittens, rips them off, sticks his hands in the snow and then pitches an absolute fit because his hands are so cold.  Oh my, I couldn't help but laugh a little.  Don't you kind of wish a 2 year old understood the phrase "I told you so" sometimes...

So, anyway...

Take 2


 Lucy enjoyed the snow as well...can you spot her?






We spent almost all day out in that rare accumulation of white stuff and loved (almost) every minute of it.  The temps were a little too chilly for the O-baby, but he made a short photo-op appearance for proof of his presence during the big SC Blizzard of 2011!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That last look of Austin is so cute and pitiful! :) I love the one of the birdhouse, too! Really beautiful pictures!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.