July 17, 2009

9 month visit

We just got back from Austin's 9 month doctor's visit with a pretty good report. My big baby boy weighed in at 23 lbs. and he's almost 29 inches tall. This puts him in the 81st percentile for weight and the 60th for height. His head circumference measurement was 18.5 which is in the 90th percentile! That big melon of his must be housing a pretty big brain as the doctor said he thinks Austin is smarter than most babies his age and his physical and motor development certainly surpass the abilities of a typical 9 month old. Our pediatrician even said that he wants his autograph because he's going to be a future CEO!

It would seem that Austin has gotten a lot of his daddy's smarty pants genes, (did I ever mention that Ryan got a 4.0 at Clemson majoring in chemical engineering??) and his mommy is no dummy either, even though I don't have a fancy career or GPA to prove it. Of course, a lot of things can happen between now and adulthood, I know a lot of very smart people who have gone nowhere in life, but I'm very pleased to know that my baby is moving in the right direction so far.

Ok, enough with the bragging now. In other news, Austin got 2 shots today and did FANTASTIC...ok I'm still bragging...sorry! The nurses did such a fabulous job distracting him with bubbles and a yummy lollipop and while I held him on my hip they stuck him so fast he didn't even know what happened. He let out a little growl with the first stick and went back to slobbering all over his butterscotch dum-dum. He actually fussed more when I took his lollipop away than he did when he got his shots!

Finally, I leave you with a picture of what Austin did for the entire 10 minutes we waited in the exam room. If you ever want to entertain a 9 month old, just give him a roll of paper to rip into tiny shreds and a big mirror to look at. Who knew a doctor's visit could be so much fun?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for Austin! He is just so cute! I hope to meet him one day! :)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.