July 14, 2009

This is it, I promise!


My little guy is finally getting his first tooth...for real this time, just in time for his 9 month birthday!! I have proof this time, I can see the white tip poking through, his gums are swollen and bleeding and he's drooling BUCKETS! He's still sleeping through the night but he did wake up about an hour earlier this morning and instead of playing in his crib for 10-15 minutes like usual, he cried for me to come get him almost immediately. I actually slept half of the night on a palette in his room because I just knew he was going to wake up screaming in pain (and because I just wanted to be close to my little man), but Ryan came and got me at 4am and I never even heard a peep! He seems to be acting ok although he doesn't want to be far away from his mommy and in the late afternoon he's been a little cranky.

I've been giving Austin cold foods like yogurt, applesauce and frozen waffles as well as teething biscuits and plenty of toys to chew on. Every once in awhile I give him a little bit of Tylenol if he seems to be extraordinarily fussy. Does anyone else have any other suggestions to help my baby feel more comfortable during this teething process? I just hate to see him in pain, even if he is taking it like a champ!

Also, does anyone know about how long it takes for the actual tooth to fully come in once it just starts to break through the gum? I'm just curious how long I can expect this to last.

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.