July 17, 2009

Getting hit on

After Bouncing Babies yesterday morning, the kids were released from the grips of their respective parents and let loose to play with the toys and each other. Like many of the other little ones, Austin was sitting crowded around a yellow box of toys looking for something that grabbed his attention. All of a sudden, an older little girl came and sat down beside him, picked up a toy and began beating my baby over the head with it!

As I saw what was going on from across the room all I could think about was running up to that same little girl, shouting at her and smacking that toy out of her grubby little hand, but I calmed my inner rage as I swooped in to break up the beating about the same time as the mommy of this naughty little girl caught on to what was going on. Austin was fine and ignored her until he saw me coming at him so quickly and with a look of horror on my face. He started crying as soon as I got to him but it was nothing a big mommy hug couldn't handle. The mother of the little girl was very apologetic and swiftly left the room to go home and teach her some manners.

Austin quickly forgot the incident and went on to enjoy the rest of playtime, but I will never forget the first time my son got beat up by little girl. I didn't catch the incident on film but I got some before shots and you can clearly see the culprit in her green top and blue skirt.





No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.