July 22, 2009

Spiller for Heisman!


This morning Ryan, Austin and I waited in line outside of the Bi-Lo for the chance to receive a 6-foot tall poster of Clemson running back C.J. Spiller who is a contender in the chase for the Heisman trophy this coming football season. Clemson only released a couple thousand of these posters to various places in the upstate and Bi-Lo was the only place in Greenville that had them. We got there at 8:30 am and waited in a line that spread along the entire outside of the store for about 45 minutes. To say that I was surprised at this response would be an understatement. We even had a kid offer us $20 for one of our posters when we were leaving because they would surely run out before he got to the front!

Just take a look at my future football star measuring up to C.J. Only 3.5 more feet to go!

And no, this poster is not going to remain hanging on our hallway wall. I think Ryan's found a nice place in the back of the garage for it to be proudly displayed.


2 comments:

Sugar and Spice said...

Yeah! Spiller for Heisman!! Go Tigers!

APRIL said...

Hey Jennifer. I know that you dont know me, my name is April Barker Lawson and my mom and Ms. Joann are friends. I wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog about Austin! He is precious! We have a 2 year old daughter and a 7 1/2 month old son. Austin reminds me so much of Zack and they are only a few weeks apart in age. I dont know if Ryan will remember me but I talk to Ms Joann from time to time. You have a precious family! I enjoy seeing what Austin is up to, so I will know what Zack will be doing soon! I hope you Austin has a wonderful time at the beach.

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.