July 8, 2009

Playdate!

Yesterday Austin and I went to Brian & Anna's home in Anderson for a playdate with her charming toddlers, Brianna and Bennett, and newborn baby Brock. Tonya was there with wild man Tyler as well! Austin didn't know what to think of all the chaos at first and clung to me for awhile, but after I gave him his bottle (with Bennett's help) he seemed to start feeling more comfortable in his new surroundings. He liked to look at the other kids but kept his distance. Austin spent most of the afternoon chewing on a toy, sitting with me, or pulling up on the coffee table (what is with this boy and coffee tables??).

It was a crazy but fun afternoon and I got a good taste of life with a running/walking/into everything toddler. It was nice to catch up with the two mommies as well and to meet baby Brock for the first time. He is a fabulously laid back newborn and as I expected, I left with baby fever after seeing and holding the sweet little one.

I can't wait until Austin is old enough to run around with the Johnson crew. I have a feeling they're going to be a crazy bunch!

(Thanks to Tonya for the photos, I can't believe I forgot to take pictures!!)





2 comments:

Tonya said...

I enjoyed reading about the playdate! Tyler must have really been crazy if you are calling his cousins charming ;-). I hope he didn't scare you and Austin off!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Tyler was no crazier than those other two!! I'm sure Austin will be joining in on all the crazy fun before too long!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.