March 21, 2010

1st Day of School

Last week Austin had his first day of school!


I packed his backpack and lunchbox and we were headed out the door by 8:30am.


After speaking with the coordinator for awhile, I peeked in on Austin before leaving.  He was having a great time and playing with 2 of the other little boys in his class.  Ok, well, he was pulling out all the balls from a basket and the other boys were taking them and throwing them across the room.  He may have been getting a little bullied, but he didn't seem to even notice!

I was wiping the tears from my eyes as I was leaving the school and I continued to do so for the first hour I was away from my baby boy.  I couldn't stop thinking about him and just wanted the time to pass more quickly so I could go pick him up.  I did, however, manage to get some laundry done and get the house somewhat straight.

Finally, it was time to go pick up my boy!  Again, I peeked in before walking in the room and couldn't help but laugh at what I saw!  Two of the boys were sound asleep, the little girl was sitting quietly in a rocking chair and my dear Austin was up and running around by himself with a toy in each hand and still going strong!

When I walked into his room he ran to me with his arms out and yelled "mama!"  It melted my heart!  Such a welcome greeting sure made the morning seem worth it!

1 comment:

Keri said...

AWW - seeing him with his little book bag on brought tears to my eyes!! He is getting so big so fast.

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.