June 28, 2010

20 Months



I'm a little behind this month...it's been SO crazy around here lately and I've barely had time to sit at the computer.  Austin turned 20 months on June 15th and here are some fun facts about my 20 month old!

1.  Hallelujah he's finally eating!  I don't know what changed, but Austin's appetite is in full force lately and he's starting to try a lot of new things.  Meal time is no longer such a challenge and I'm totally loving it!!

2.  He's learned to say "please" and "thank you" at the appropriate times and will even do so without us asking.  Such a polite little boy!

3.  Austin can count to 10 forwards and backwards all by himself and say his ABC's.

4.  He pronounces the number 1 as "no."

5.  He repeats everything we say...and I mean EVERYTHING!!  We really have to pay attention now!

6.  His favorite books are Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear and the Choo Choo Train book.  After reading him a book and putting it down he will often hand it back to me and say "again!"  I usually end up reading him the same book at least 5 times before I can convince him to move on.

7.  He's wearing size 2T clothes, a size 5 diaper and a size 7 shoe.  He will be in 3T before we know it though!!

8.  His matchbox cars have become an obsession.  He drives the cars all over everything and even takes them to bed at night and with him whenever we go out.  He loves his cars, dare I say, even more than a ball (for now at least).

9.  Austin is ALL boy.  He likes getting dirty, he's interested in bugs, loves making a mess and gets a new scrape or bruise on about a daily basis.  Lord help us if he gets sand in his shoes though!!!

10.  Chase is one of his favorite games.  All you have to say is "I'm gonna get you!" and off he goes!!

11.  I think I've mentioned this before, but the boy LOVES to be naked!  I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or not...but getting clothes on him is like a wrestling match!

12.  When he's ready to eat he walks to his highchair and says "eat baby."  No, my child is not a cannibal, he's just heard me say "are you ready to eat, baby?" so many times and now it's caught on.

13. Austin really loves to be outside and loves to go swimming.  He goes into meltdown mode whenever we try to bring him indoors.

14.  When we do go outdoors, a lot of times Austin will walk to the car and shout "go!"  He loves to go places and ride in the car.  We make a lot of trips to Target and the CVS right down the street for no other reason than the fact that Austin just wants to go!

15.  Austin is so sweet to his baby brother!  He says "uh-oh" when Owen is crying and tries to bring him a paci.  He covers him with his blankie when he's in the swing and even tries to give him milk from his sippy cup.  He likes pointing out Owen's body parts and counting his little toes.  He will even give his baby brother more kisses than he gives mommy and daddy!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

OH my gosh, I really can't believe it has been that long. Austin is really growing so quickly! I know it's a relief he is eating more variety. There is nothing worse than a picky eater (I say this b/c I have a picky eater!!). Can't wait to see yall again in a couple of weeks!! :)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.