May 14, 2011

Garage Sale

We had a community wide yard sale a few weeks ago which was perfect timing since we had a lot of junk to get rid of before our move.  This was my first yard sale and I actually thought it was pretty fun!  There are some crazy people out there who take their yard sales very seriously though and will fight with you over a quarter if they want to!  We had one family who left after we agreed to come down any lower on the old jumperoo and then they stalked it until the end of the sale when we finally decided to give in.

Overall we did pretty well, cleaned out a good bit of our stuff and made about $400.  Surprisingly, out of the 2 tables and 4 boxes I had lined with baby clothes...I only sold 3 or 4 clothing items total.  I was shocked because I thought the clothes would be the biggest seller and I was selling some really nice things for a steal!!  We're talking a Ralph Lauren polo and pants set that was maybe worn twice for $3!!!  Maybe our shoppers that day didn't understand the value or didn't have baby boys to buy for, but now I don't know what to do with all these clothes!?  E-bay was a bust and now garage selling is a bust....what else is there besides a consignment shop?

Another item that didn't sell too well was a box of some of my old (and I mean like from high school old) shoes.  No real surprise there as I figured they'd end up at Goodwill anyway, but at least someone had fun with them...!!!




Ryan kind of watched on in horror as Austin put on a bit of a fashion show and modeled all my old high heels.  The blue hair (from mine and Ryan's Thing 1 and Thing 2 Halloween costumes several years ago) really brought the whole ensemble together if you ask me!  

Austin turned out to be a pretty good pitch man though, because a couple ended up buying that blue hair right off his head a few moments later!!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.