May 10, 2011

Owen is 1!!



Boy did that year fly by fast!!  I still couldn't believe he was one on the morning of his 1st birthday and I'm not sure it's fully hit me a week later.  This past month has been a real exciting one and I was finally able to really see the transition from baby to toddler.  I guess it's going to happen whether I like it or not...my baby boy is growing up!  Here are some exciting things about Owen at 12 months:

-has started imitating a lot of the things we do (making faces, noises, hand motions, etc.)

-loves to boggie woogie to any type of music

-Where's Spot is his new favorite book

-can scale a flight of stairs in no time

-loves to drink out of a straw

-takes two 1.5 hour naps or one long 3 hour nap depending on the day

-favorite foods are vanilla yogurt, bread, watermelon and bananas

-likes to cuddle for a little while when he wakes up

-has started to repeat sounds that we make and "talk" a lot more

-loves it when I sing to him, especially "You are my Sunshine"

-says his brother's name "Ah-Tinnnn"

-weighs 21lbs. (27th %tile) and is 30.25 inches tall (67th%tile)

-his head measures 19.2 inches (96th %tile)


-can stand up without holding on and push to the standing position on his own

-still not full on walking, but will take a few steps at a time when he feels like it (maybe he's having a hard time not toppling over while trying to balance that big 'ole head on his tiny shoulders!)  :-)


-favorite activities include reading books, listening to music, swinging, climbing in the kitchen cabinets, going to Monkey Joe's, taking a bath, laughing, cuddling with mommy and putting everything in his mouth!

Owen has been an absolute blessing and has added so much joy and happiness to our lives.  I couldn't have asked for a sweeter little boy!  Even though he's only been with us a year, I can't picture my life without him.

Happy 1st Birthday, Owen!  Mommy and Daddy love you soooo much!!  (and Austin too!)

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.