February 13, 2010

Wickedly Good!


For Valentine's Day, Ryan surprised me with tickets to see Wicked at the Peace Center Friday night. Ok, so I wasn't really surprised considering I had been begging to go since I heard the musical was coming to Greenville...but I give him credit because he did have them for about 2 weeks before he had to break down and tell me to keep me from buying them myself!

So, we've had these tickets for months and have been looking forward to the show for so long! I was a little worried when, come time to go, I looked outside and there was already about 2 inches of snow on the ground, but that didn't stop the show and it didn't stop us!! We had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Giovanni's, who ended up closing for the night after we left due to the snow. With bellies full of delicious Italian, we made our way downtown and to our seats in the packed out theatre.

The show was 2 hr. 45 min. long but I could have sat there all night! The music was great, the costumes and set design were fabulous, the actors were amazing....the entire show was just phenomenal!! The story line was pretty different from the book, which I didn't realize going into it, but I think it made for a more appealing musical, even if it took me a little getting used to after being such a fan of the novel.


Ryan absolutely adored it and said he got chill bumps during "Defying Gravity." He even insisted that we buy a souvenir at the end of the show!


This was the 5th musical we've seen together and we both agree that it tops our list...for now!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.