August 11, 2010

Keepsake Shadowbox

I am not crafty....but I saw this idea on Kristy's blog and though it was probably something I could handle.

I save EVERYTHING when it comes to Austin and Owen and I keep it all in bags and boxes upstairs in hopes that one day I'll turn it all into an awesome scrapbook.  Maybe once the boys go to school I'll have a little more time to try and be crafty, but I got the itch to do something the other day and thought a hospital bracelet shadowbox would be something cute and simple.

I just bought two shadowboxes from Hobby Lobby for about $10/piece and pinned both boys' keepsake birth certificates and hospital bracelets to the backing.  Since they looked almost identical, I bought some cute stickers and added their names to the bottom of each box.

I am pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I may decide to go back later and do whst Kristy did and add scrapbook paper to the back and I may need to buy bigger shadowboxes since it's a little cramped.  For now, however, I'm satisfied, and the crafting itch has been cured.

And by the way, how pathetic are those hospital bracelets?!  They are hand written, smudged and Owen's is an adult bracelet rigged to fit smaller.  They also just say "Baby Boy Harris" on them instead of their actual names.  Come on St. Francis, don't you know these are priceless keepsakes?  :-)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yay! They look so good!!! I can't wait to make mine!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.