May 13, 2009

And there he goes...

I knew it was coming soon, but I didn't expect it this early! Austin has learned to crawl/scoot/lunge and with this new found ability has been making his way all over the living room and discovering all that previously un-explored territory. As I might have expected, his first mission was to make his way to the stack of DVD's under the TV stand and once he was bored with that he made his way to his Exersaucer and proceeded to try and crawl underneath it. He ended up getting stuck and so I had to intervene, but I swear he got that way on his own, no help from me at all!

In other news, I went to get him up from his morning nap just a few minutes ago and entered his room to find him sitting up in the middle of his crib playing with his blankie! Until now I had to place him in the sitting position but now he is going from tummy to back to sitting all on his own! He had been doing this tripod thing for a day or two now and I knew it was only a matter of time before he learned to bend his knees and pull his legs around, but I never expected to find that he had done it for the first time today and while in his crib! I guess we need to lower the mattress now since I know he is able to pull himself up on the railing if he wants to.

I just can't believe that in one day all these things have just clicked and he's already seemed to master skills that he's only been attempting for a short time. Since his nap he has pushed into a sitting position at least 4-5 more times and then continues to go back to his tummy and scoot all around! He has already made his way back to the DVDs but I did a quick babyproofing while he was napping so when he got over there and saw there was nothing to try and get, he just rolled to his back and began chewing on his toes. :)

Yay Austin! I'm so proud of my little guy for accomplishing such big tasks but I'm also a little terrified as I look through my house and see all the things he can get into now!!

1 comment:

scnana2 said...

Well Jennifer you know what the old saying is dont you? Austin is getting out of the way for another baby!!!!!!! He is so smart and doing things so quickly, which does not really surprise me because his daddy was just like this...Austin is just soaking up things like a little sponge....he is precious in all of these pixs...he is such a pretty little boy and I know boys are not suppose to be referred to as Pretty but he is such a pretty baby....I enjoy watching him grow and learn new things...Love and hugs, Nana

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.