May 4, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Friday night, Ryan and I took Austin over to Grandma and Grandpa Harris' house and they babysat while the hubby and myself headed out to our favorite Italian restaurant for some much needed "us" time. I definitely did NOT order a second bottle of wine with our meal and upon standing up from the table, see the room spinning as I carefully made my way to the car. Also, I most certainly did NOT ask Ryan to stop by the house before picking up my beloved son so that him (and his grandparents) would not see me in such a state!

On Saturday, which is usually my morning to sleep in, I somehow woke up at 5:30 am and just couldn't get back to sleep! I went upstairs to gaze upon my beautiful son, got something to drink, and then got back in bed to try and get some more zzzz's. I was still awake at 6:45am when Austin woke up but I surely did NOT pretend I was asleep so Ryan would get up and feed and change him. That would just be mean if I were to make him get up even though I was already awake! I mean, I already get up with him 5 days a week, one more wouldn't hurt would it?

On Sunday we woke up and decided to go to the early service at church. We wanted to go ahead and go (instead of waiting for the noon service like usual) so that we could get an early start to the day, definitely NOT because we were hoping to see Biggest Loser contestants Phil & Amy who often attend the first service. Not me, I wouldn't go to church early just because I was hoping to see some minor local celebs, that's just silly!...and speaking of church, when the teleprompter went out in the middle of our morning worship, I definitely didn't mouth random lyrics to make it look like I knew the song, nope, not me!

Last night, a few hours after we put Austin to bed, he started to wake up. Ryan and I went upstairs to check on him and get him back to sleep. We gave him his passy and turned on his lullaby CD to help soothe him. Ryan and I certainly did NOT slow dance in the middle of his nursery to the song that was playing on the CD. Not us, that would just be so ridiculous!

So, today was a dreary day from the beginning and days like this just zap my energy. I didn't feel like cooking, or even making a sandwich but I certainly did NOT eat a couple of handfuls of Raisinets for breakfast...and lunch. Ruin my diet?...not me! And speaking of the weather, Ryan had two softball games tonight and I know I did NOT secretly wish they would get cancelled due to the weather so he could stay home with me and Austin. I just wouldn't do that, nope, not me!

Lastly, today on our trip to Babies R Us, Austin was getting whiny in the car. I surely did NOT put the Backyardigans CD on and repeat the theme song half a dozen times so he would be quiet and I could drive in peace. Not me! And when he finally started to fall asleep in the backseat as we were driving, I also did NOT drive up and down Haywood Rd. several times so that he would go to sleep in his car seat, ensuring a hassle free trip to pick up the essentials. Not me, I completely deny it all!

Well, that's all for now, hope you enjoyed my first "Not me!" Monday. I challenge all you other bloggers out there reading to think of your own "Not me!" post. It's actually pretty fun and I bet it would make for some pretty enjoyable reading!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I read all the same blogs! :) If you need any other good ones to read let me know...I'm a total blog stalker!! :)

Jennifer said...

Haha! Yeah, let me know about any good ones! I also keep up with Letters to Catherine via your blog. I really enjoy that one and my heart just pours out to them for what they are dealing with. They seem like a really amazing couple.

scnana2 said...

OMG This is the most precious video....Austin has the most precious personality, he is such a happy baby...I love watching him grow from one thing to the next...he is soaking up things like a little sponge...he reminds me so so much of Ryan, its like reliving him over and over...
your yard, pond and lights are beautiful...love it...Thanks for sharing your precious baby....
Love and big big hugs...please give Austin a big big hug from his Nana....also Ms Jennifer, Happy Mothers Day....I love you all...NANA

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.