May 10, 2009

Horray for Mommy's Day!

Today was my first official Mother's Day as a mommy and experiencing this day as a mom makes you truly understand what an important day it really is. I remember as a kid I always wondered why there was no "Kid's Day" and my mom would say "...because every day is kid's day!" It may have taken me 27 years, but I finally understand what she meant, for mommies celebrate their children every day! However, I think that sometimes moms aren't celebrated enough for the work that they do.

Being a Mom is a full-time job, and for those working moms out there, like my own, it's a second full-time job! A mommy's job is a 24/7, down and dirty, up all night, constantly worrying, never ending, always cleaning, rarely restful, money spending, and attention giving kind of job.... BUT, you never forget all the effortless smiling, laughter and giggles, hugs and kisses, happy tears, sad goodbyes, special moments, important milestones, and the pure love and joy a child can bring to your life. Mommies have the hardest jobs in the world, not because of dirty diapers and 3 am feedings or even because of all that dreaded school age drama...but because they work so hard and spend so much time trying to raise the best child they possibly can and then they have to let them go and set them loose into the world and just pray that they did everything they could.

Like my mama always said...motherhood is the hardest, yet most rewarding job you can EVER have. As I see Austin's life unfolding before my eyes, I know it's going to get harder (and if he's anything like his daddy when he was a kid, I REALLY ain't seen nothin' yet!) but I didn't become a mother because I thought it would be easy....I am a mother because I have seen the special bond that a mother and child can have, the unwaivering love and the happiness that children can bring to a family. But first and foremost, I am a mother because God blessed me and gave me the sweetest and most amazing gift He could possibly give. Everyday I thank Him for bringing Austin into this world, and more importantly, I thank Him for making me his mother!

Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing, hard-working, and loving moms out there. And a special thank you to my own mama, for without her love, support and guidance, I wouldn't be the fabulous mother I am today!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day with Austin! :)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.