May 22, 2009

Into EVERYTHING!

So it would seem that Austin got the memo that he is 7 months old now and it's time to get up and get moving!  In only a week he has begun to crawl much better, making 5-6 moves before he sprawls out or sits up and then he's back at it again.  He has already made it to the hallway and kitchen where there are wooden floors.  He's not quite sure about the feel of the wood as opposed to the cushy carpet in the living room but he seems to be adjusting.  And speaking of carpet, I now have to vacuum at least every day because he seems to notice every speck of dirt or debris that has been tracked in and of course it goes directly into his mouth.  It would be a little easier if we didn't have a very bad doggy who likes to go and get garbage and shred it on the floor!  I turned my back for less than 30 seconds to get the phone and when I came back he had an empty toilet paper roll that Lucy had dragged in.  I think they're in cahoots!



So remember when I said in my 7 month post that he wasn't really into pulling up?  Well in the little bit of time that has passed he has decided he wants to try and pull up on anything and everything!  It's making me increasingly nervous and now I sit here and scan the house many times a day just picturing the disasters that could possibly occur.  For the most part it looks pretty safe, but you never know!  I just heard about a little boy who was killed because he pulled a dresser over on top of him so I'm extremely paranoid now. 

But paranoias aside, I am excited that Austin is able to move around and better explore his environment.  He is learning so fast and it makes me a proud mama to see him accomplish these tasks so quickly and easily.  I love to just sit back and watch him go, and that's what I have to do a lot of the time because all I seem to be good for now is someone to feed him, someone for him to pull up on, someone to un-stick him from akward positions he gets into, and someone to comfort him when he knocks himself in the head with a toy!  Oh he still loves his mama, but his new found talents comsume a lot of his time and attention now.  At this rate, he'll be driving before I know it!!


No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.