June 23, 2009

Keepin' cool

Austin and I went on an outing the other day when the temperature was topping out at about 95 degrees but the humidity made it feel like 105! I did everything I could to keep my baby cool...no socks, no layers, sunshades in the car windows, AC on full blast...but when we got home and I got my nugget out of his car seat, his back and his little head were just drenched in sweat. It was too hot even to go to the pool so I had an idea. I filled our bath tub up with slightly cool water, stripped down my sweaty baby to his birthday suit, and dumped a load of toys in the water as well as my little boy!

I sat there and supervised while Austin had a ball playing in the tub and splashing around. He was much happier than at our actual bath time because I wasn't scrubbing him down or making him sit still. He mostly pulled up on the side of the tub and threw his toys overboard or tried to chew on the water spout, but man did he have a great time doing so! With the look he gave me after our 30 minute playtime in the tub, it was like he was saying "thank you mama, I needed that!"

By the way, is there anything cuter than a little naked baby bum???





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Naked babies are the cutest!!

Jodi said...

Hi - we live in Travelers Rest - I saw your post to the We are THAT family blog frog forum...I was right after you - such a small world! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi! Always nice to run into somebody from this neck of the woods! :)
Jodi
www.back40life.com

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.