June 17, 2009

My heart is melting!!


Not only has my little nugget given me a quite a handful of sweet slobbery kisses lately, but he has also been calling ME mama!! He's been able to say mama for awhile now, (probably since I've been drilling those two syllables into his head since he was born) but he's finally relating those sounds to me and saying it to get my attention!!

I was feeding Austin lunch today and had to get up and run to the pantry for a minute. A few seconds later I heard a loud, "mama!" and when I whipped around he was looking right at me and getting frustrated that I had taken a break from spooning those yummy sweet potatoes in his mouth! Ok, so it might have just been a coincidence, but when I paused from feeding him yet again to look out the back door, I heard another sweet baby call "mama" a second time! Even after lunch, while Austin was enjoying his favorite activity of "ring around the coffee table," every time he noticed I wasn't looking directly at him, he would repeat "mama mama mama" and give me a huge smile when I looked! He's only 8 months old and he's already figured out that he's got me wrapped around his tiny little finger.

Have I mentioned lately how much I ADORE my son??

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.