June 26, 2009

The mommy suit

So yesterday I dropped my cute little kiddo off at grandma JoAnn's for the afternoon and headed to Macy's to do the dreaded bathing suit shopping!! We've got at least 2 beach trips "planned" for this summer, (and I put planned in quotes b/c we don't have dates or places to stay completely figured out yet) and I needed a new suit to replace the maternity ones I wore last year. I have ALWAYS hated bathing suit shopping, even when I actually looked somewhat decent in one (like in the the picture you see of me on our honeymoon 2 years ago), but I will not lie, I still have a baby pooch and about 15 more pounds to lose so I couldn't opt for something quite as revealing as the picture below.

I tried on every type and style of bathing suit the department store had to offer, and decided that this year I will be sporting the full coverage swim dress (aka mommy suit) to the beach and I'm not one bit ashamed or embarrassed to admit it! It is actually more reasonable than a 2-piece anyway since I won't exactly be laying out and working on my tan, but rather keeping a curious 8 month old busy and trying to make sure he doesn't ingest too much sand or sea water!

It's actually a pretty "hip" little suit and I'm really kind of excited about it. It's really comfortable, you don't have to worry about certain parts slipping out or being exposed, and I don't even need a cover-up! I won't make any promises, but if Ryan happens to catch a picture of me in it while on the beach I may have to post it just for fun. I think my string bikini days are over, here come the mommy suits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't even had a baby and I'm all about some full covering suits! I'm sure you'll look fab! :)

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.