June 10, 2009

A visit with our grand-nephew


Let me start off by saying that Ryan's family tree is a bit confusing. He didn't come from a typical family to say the least, but a loving family nonetheless. Ryan's parents are divorced as you may have noticed and his dad is much older. Actually, Ryan is 27 and his dad is in his mid-70's! Ryan also has 2 half brothers who are old enough to be his father and who have kids almost the same age as him. In fact, one of Ryan's nephews has a son of his own who is older than Austin! So, if you're following all this, Ryan has a nephew who is his age and a grand-nephew who is older than our son, Austin. Strange, huh?!


Anyway, Ryan's nephew and grand-nephew came up from Santee this weekend and we got to spend a little time with them after church on Sunday over at Ryan's dad's house. Dennis (Ryan's nephew) and his wife, Joy, have a little boy named Lincoln who will be 2 at the end of this month. Don't let those gorgeous blond locks fool you though, this little guy is ALL BOY!


Austin was just plain tired out from a busy morning in the nursery and immediately fell asleep, but Lincoln went full speed the entire afternoon and gave me a taste of what it's going to be like keeping up with a toddler. I think I better get my running shoes ready and start lifting some weights!! I thought I couldn't take my eyes off of Austin for a minute, but when Link's daddy looked away for a mere second, he found a rotten plum on the ground and popped it right into his mouth and started chomping away!!


He was quite the handful, but quite the sweet little boy as well. He loved saying "cheese" for the camera and giving kisses. I was sad that Austin slept through most of their visit but a little glad at the same time because I think Link might have seen him as a play toy instead of a helpless infant! They will have plenty of chances in the future to knock heads, however, I'm sure of it!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.