October 3, 2009

Bubbly

Ryan is in DC this weekend so Austin and I had a nice laid back Saturday all to ourselves. Of course we would have rather had daddy here to play with, but he went to visit his friend, James, and watch our poor Tigers get beat....again.....! Austin and I dressed in our orange and purple and watched the game from the living room until the 3rd quarter when I just had to turn it off because I didn't think all the stress it was causing me was very good for the baby. I flipped it back on in the final minutes just in time to watch our last effort to tie the game get crushed after a quarterback fumble and turnover in the final seconds. Ahhh, Clemson football, I never know what to expect from you...

But enough whining, Austin and I had a much better evening after we woke up from our late afternoon nap and totally pulled a daddy move by ordering pizza for dinner! My baby loved his first experience with pizza and couldn't get enough of that cheesy goodness. He made quite the mess, however, so we figured it was time for another first, Austin's first bubble bath! I had picked up some of the Johnson & Johnson baby bubble bath the other day and we had yet to try it out. Let me just say, it was a big hit! The stuff smells delicious, so good in fact that Austin kept dipping his face in the bubbles and trying to eat them. His dunks made for quite the adorable bubble beard and he loved the feeling of them all over his hands and face.

With regards to bathing, I've discovered another of Austin's "quirks" here in the past several weeks. He simply can not take a bath when the water is not running!! Whenever I turn the water off, he stands up and turns it back on and then sits back down and goes back to playing with his bath toys. He, however, doesn't quite yet understand the concept of mixing the hot and cold water together and thus only turns one handle...luckily most often he chooses the cold. I tell him "no" whenever he reaches to turn the water on but he usually just hesitates a little, smiles his little devilish grin and turns it on anyway. It's so hard to keep a stern face though when his mischievousness is just so darn cute!

He's probably going to hate me for posting all these bath pictures later in life, but I can't resist

Going in for a bubbles tasting...

"I LOVE bubbles!"

"Look who I found!!"

Turning the water back on with Mr. Quacky secured in place...

Man he sure loves that duck!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

These pics are so cute! We use that bubble bath & Tyler tries to eat it also. Glad Austin enjoyed his 1st pizza!!

Keri said...

Those are so cute!! He looks more and more like Ryan the older he gets!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.