October 18, 2010

Cookie Monster Party

You might have been able to tell from the invitation that Austin's birthday party was a cookie monster theme.  Here's a look at some of the details and decorations.  Full account of the birthday bash coming soon!


I bought this invitation design from etsy.com, printed them out on photo paper and adorned the envelopes with cookie monster stickers I found at Target.  There were several cookie monster invitation designs on etsy, but this was my favorite and the seller was really amazing to work with.


I was thrilled to find this cookie monster pumpkin decorating kit at Wal-Mart completely by accident.  It not only matched the party theme perfectly, but completed our outside fall decor as well! 


Of course you HAVE to have a cookie cake at a cookie monster birthday party, but I also had these ADORABLE (and very yummy) cupcakes made by Cupcake Couture & Catering.



And what cookie monster party is complete without a cookie jar?



I found the ribbon at Wal-Mart and hot glued it to a glass jar I had saved from my wedding.  I added a couple cookie monster stickers to make the finishing touches and filled it with iced oatmeal cookies.


We also had big delicious cookies from Strossners Bakery, chocolate chip brownies, cheese biscuits and fresh fruit (because we needed something healthy in the mix)!


The center piece was none other than cookie himself!  I found this cookie monster pinata at Party City and it worked perfectly.


I got this little candy jar at AC Moore and hot glued googly eyes and a felt mouth to make a cookie monster face.  I filled it with cookies and cream Hershey kisses!  Cookie monster would have been proud.




I used the same technique for the party hats, adding a white puff ball on top to complete the look.  Aren't my models the cutest??  :-)


I made these treat boxes for the kids and filled them various goodies like socks, crayons, stickers and candy. Each kid also got a cookie monster book!


And finally, here's the birthday boy himself, in his personalized cookie monster t-shirt from etsy.


And one more time, my little cookie monster in his cookie monster hat, with his cookie monster bib, eating his cookie monster cupcake!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love etsy? Love those adorable cupcakes! Too cute!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.