August 12, 2009

A breastfeeding doll?

I saw this doll on the news today and I just HAD to post about it! A Spanish company has come up with a doll for children that simulates breastfeeding, called Bebe Gloton.


Ok, I'm all for the promotion of breastfeeding and all, but this might be taking it a little too far! The child actually has to wear a halter top that has fake nipples in order to pretend breastfeed their doll baby. The doll even makes sucking noises and cries when it's hungry.

I can kind of see what might have sparked this idea because I have seen first hand how interested a toddler can be when their mother is breastfeeding a new baby and how they might be anxious to mimic the act, but I think this may be a little to contraversial for today's society.

What do y'all think about this doll? I'm interested to hear some opinions!

(Here's the link to the Fox news story if you want to read more: Link)

1 comment:

Keri said...

that's absolutely disgusting.

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.