August 27, 2009

Quick tip:

Never (and I mean NEVER) let your 10 month old use your computer as a drum!

Here's the story...Austin was sitting with me on the couch this morning and reached over and started banging on my laptop with his fists and having a fantastic time doing so. However, when I noticed 2 keys had flown off the keyboard I had to put a quick stop to his fun. Unfortunately, it was not soon enough.

With his banging he dislodged several keys, turned off the wireless, put on Caps Lock, disabled the keyboard and put the computer in Standby mode.

After I put my little angel down for his nap I turned the computer back on and was greeted by a loud and constant beeping sound. I did the reboot thing a few times before my husband finally alerted me to the fact that there was probably a key stuck. I unstuck the key and was finally able to at least turn the computer back on...only to find out that the damage was much worse!

The keyboard was not working and I couldn't type a single letter and everytime I clicked on anything it brought up a box asking if I wanted to download it!? I could not type in a web address, a question in the search box or even open the computer's help mode. I have no idea what sequence of buttons my little darling pushed but lets just say he royally screwed things up!

After, oh, an entire nap time and then some, of fiddling around on the darn laptop, I finally got things back in working mode again. I'm pretty sure I got it working by doing my own kind of banging on the keys, but hey, it worked! There's no telling for how much longer though, so I figured I'd write a quick blog post in case I have to drop off the face of the internet for a little while!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.