August 3, 2009

Mommy's Mimic

Over the past few weeks Austin has begun to mimic a lot of things that he sees me or Ryan do. For instance, I realized that I shake my head when I say "no" to him (like when he's reaching into the dog bowl or heading for the stairs again) and now every time I say "no" or he sees me shake my head for any other reason, he does it too! It's so adorable that I can't help but smile and laugh at him...which kind of defeats the purpose of saying "no" to begin with.

Just last weekend he started clapping his hands while he was in the tub. I was clapping for him to splash around and then he started doing it too! Now he's a clapping machine, everything he does seems to require applause now and he giggles at himself and looks so pleased when we cheer for him as he claps his hands. Of course, he's still got to do some fine tuning on the clapping since half the time he does it with closed fists...but we get the idea!

Austin is also giving out kisses like candy on Halloween! That one was an easy one to learn since Ryan and I kiss our little boy constantly. I say "thank you!" every time he gives me a kiss and he just smiles his gummy little grin and does it again. He especially loves to give me kisses on my legs when I'm giving him a bath! That boy loves his baths!

Another one of my favorites is when he mimics me reading him a book. He loves to pull his books off of the bookshelf and occasionally he will grab one, open it and start babbling away like he's reading while flipping through the pages. When I'm reading to him it's one of the few times he's still and quiet.


I can't wait to see what he mimics next!

No comments:

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.