August 12, 2009

Dog food wars

We honestly just can not keep Austin away from the animal's food bowls. All day long it's like our little game - Austin starts crawling towards the food, looks back at me to make sure I'm watching, continues to scoot his cute little tush across the floor, screams with delight as he makes it to the bowl, sloooowwwly starts to reach in, and then I swoop in just in time to carry him away.
I'm serious, this happens at least 8 times a day!

So, my smarty pants hubby suggested I let him go one time. He thought that maybe if Austin touched and tasted the food that he would no longer be interested. I wasn't so sure.

I finally got fed up with playing baby wrangler one morning and I gave in and let my curious boy go at it. He had a paci in his mouth and didn't feel like dropping it for a taste of the dog food at first, but he had a marvelous time scooping out and throwing handfuls of the little brown crunchies all over the bathroom floor.


Finally, the moment I was waiting for happened....after about 5 minutes of playing in the food and emptying the bowl, his paci fell to the floor and into his mouth went a few delicious nuggets. I did my best not to stop him but had to interfere when 1 or 2 pieces was about to turn into 5 or 10.



I figured that after the taste test we'd had about enough for one afternoon and poor Lucy was looking quite distressed at all of her food sprawled across the floor. I put my stinkin' cute dog food eatin' baby boy in the bathtub and washed off all the crumbs and then we went back into the den for some less repulsive playtime.

We weren't sitting on the floor for 5 minutes when off he went for that dern food bowl again, and this time it wasn't a game. He crawled full speed ahead and didn't even hesitate reaching in the bowl once he got there.


It would seem my (I mean my husband's) plan backfired! Silly us for thinking we could outsmart a 10 month old!!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Hilarious! They are smarties!

Abby said...

That little goose! Too funny :D Becks has definitely tried to get his fair share of doggy kibble before too. Keepin' me on my toes...

Nice to meet you, btw. Austin in darling:D

Kathy said...

So funny you posted this! I caught my innocent child chewing on a piece of dogfood yesterday... YUCK! He's obsessed with the food and water - he hears "no no" all day!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.